Updated 13 March 2020 by Max
Our ‘Google Grump’ Rating Review
AccuRanker’s ‘Grump’ Rating highlights unrest in Google’s algorithm. The grumpier the mood, the bigger the fluctuations in rankings.
Use the filters below to track changes by country and device and don’t forget to sign up to our email alerts to keep track of Google’s mood.
Behind the scenes
AccuRanker’s Google Grump rating is based on a unique algorithm, built to calculate the average number of rank changes, across the top 100 results per keyword.
- 28,000 randomly selected keywords.
- Split 50/50 between mobile and desktop.
Upon a result:
- AccuRanker loop all 100 rankings and compare them to the previous day.
- If the URL has dipped or fluctuated, it is subtracted from its position the day before.
- The final index number for a given keyword is calculated by finding the sum of all the differences, and dividing this by the number of results (normally 100).